Welcome to Uptown Events! My name is Taylor Hoffman, I am a new intern to uptown's creative and talented team and I will be a regular on this blog. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Chemistry and minor in interdisciplinary sciences. Although I have a science background, I have found a passion for wedding and event planning (as well as everything that comes with that) and this intern position is the perfect place to get my feet wet.
The next few blog posts will be dedicated to "meeting the team," because who doesn't want to know fun facts and juicy details about your event planners? Uptown is the first of its kind; a creative co-op of four people who decided to work together and give a bride, business professionals, and corporate planners everything they need under one roof. Although our fabulous team already have their own personal websites that explain a lot about themselves, I am here to share what our team does together.
1. I color code everything; my wardrobe and kitchen pantry are included. It is a bit obsessive.
2. I love organizing and re-arranging things, I have done this since I was a kid. My parents always wondered why their nine-year old was moving furniture in her room, me explanation is that I was always trying to incorporate "feng shui" into my life.
3. I love coffee, mostly lattes.
4. Blogging is a huge hobby of mine.
5. Last but not least, my favorite part of the wedding ceremony is watching the groom's reaction as the bride walks down the aisle. #priceless